The Secret of Chiropractic Therapy in Shoulder Pain Treatment
February 01, 2020
If you have had chronic back pain, shoulder, and neck pain, resulting from either injuries or arthritis, you have likely considered consulting a chiropractor. We, as chiropractors, indeed adjust and manipulate the spinal cord to manage pain and improve mobility. But the benefits are not limited to the shoulders, neck, and back. The effects can cascade down to other parts of the body. The idea behind chiropractic care is to better the relationship between the nervous system and spine, and if done well, it may positively affect other organs in the body.
What can a Chiropractor do?
There are times when you might need an alternative for pain relief other thanå the conventional drugs. If this is the case, then seeing our chiropractor will be the best thing to do. But remember, you have to be attentive to what your body is feeling.
Modern chiropractic care is gentler than popping shoulders back into place or cracking backs. Today, there over 150 techniques that our chiropractor can perform to adjust joints, the spine, and muscles.
Contrary to popular belief, chiropractic care is not a “one-size fits all” treatment. The treatments are specific to your needs. The care that an athlete with a lower spine injury will receive will not be the same as the care given to a patient with rheumatoid arthritis.
Chiropractic techniques are based on the relationships between function and structure. This differs from what an osteopath does. An osteopath includes medication and or surgery to treat bones and muscles.
In a nutshell, the reasoning is if the structure of a joint is misaligned, then it won’t operate as it was designed. This is where chiropractic care excels in treating muscle and joint problems.
What Can Chiropractic Care Treat?
Chiropractic care is an excellent way of providing pain relief that comes with different diseases or injuries that have affected the muscles and bones. Here are the common conditions that chiropractic care can treat:
- Rotator cuff pain – The rotator cuff is the collection of tendons and muscles that are responsible for holding the shoulder joint to the upper arm bone. If there is a tear or strain on the rotator cuff, there is the inevitable pain, which will hinder the free movement of the arm. Our chiropractor will use a combination of techniques that will aid in rotator cuff pain treatment.
- Shoulder bursitis – When the bursae become inflamed, the resulting condition is known as bursitis. These fluid-filled sacs (bursae) are located near joints and act as paddings for all moving parts in the body. They help the bones, muscles, and joints from rubbing against each other. Chiropractic care helps alleviate shoulder bursitis symptoms.
- Arthritis – chiropractic care is particularly suitable for pain caused by osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – As opposed to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation to the joints. The active inflammation has to be controlled before getting the adjustment. But, chiropractic care can also aid in rheumatoid arthritis treatment.
- Lower back pain – since chiropractic treatment focuses on structure and function, the joints can be adjusted to bring relief.
Benefits of Visiting a Chiropractor
Below are some of the advantages of visiting our chiropractor:
- Better motion – If a joint or bone is not working as it should be, there will be decreased motion. The chiropractic adjustment will aid in restoring the movement of the joints.
- Improve communication in the bodily organs- A proper chiropractic adjustment will improve the performance of your nervous system. The nervous system is the chief control system of your body and is connected to every organ in your body. Better communication will improve your chances of eliminating stressors in the body.
- Reduced inflammation – Although chiropractic treatment does not focus directly on the inflamed joint, it can help reduce the inflammation through the restoration of the proper functioning of the nervous system. It can also help improve the movement of the muscles around the inflamed joint.
Chiropractic care provides specialized care that meets your individual needs. It offers a safe, non-addictive, and non-invasive alternative to mainstream treatments. But it is essential to note that it is not a “quick fix” to all your problems. Some issues will need time and a proper diagnosis to find the correct method of treatment.
If you have been asking yourself, “Is there a chiropractor near me?” Chances are there is one near you. Contact Cornerstone Chiropractic to book an appointment.